Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Simpsons! On Your Marks, Get Set, D'Oh!

    Today at last I got some free time between the university, the gym and the drinking (which is connected to the university, but don't get me started), so I thought I should write another review at last. First I have to say during these so tense up days the only thing I watched were some animations (for adults of course, and I'll exclude japanese stuff for now). They cheer me up after I'm busted and dead tired with under 5 hours sleep everyday, if you want something light and fun after a long hard day you should go for an something like this, an animation.
    And we will review some of these now. Let's start with the dinosaurs in the category, the equivallent of Ali or Tyson in boxing, which have 22 seasons and counting, started in 1989 by the ingenious Matt Groening. If you guessed The Simpsons you were... suprise, suprise... right! I don't know what to say, all of you, I'm sure have seen them at least once or twice on TV. The Simpsons are such a disfunctional family, somehow in a fun way, you will be amazed each episode by the stupid and irresponsible stuff Homer does, the mischiefs of Bart who is a underachiever and proud of it, the hardworking homemaker Marge (which has, seriously, awesome hairstyle lmao), the booksmarts of Lisa, which is a unappreciated genius and all the other characters which are all unique and amusing in a way. All this opposites are put together for a great concoction of fun and awesomeness. And if you watch and think about it a bit deeper you will realise there is a lesson to be learned in almost each episode. This is maybe the animation which you have to start with, though I didn't do that.
    Well this is it for now, I will review some other animations soon, just didn't want to give you too big chunks of text at once (as I hate it). If you haven't already watched The Simpsons, I truly suggest you do, you will have loads of great time. Peace, I'm out.
Bart: Can I have a beer?
Homer: All right, but not the imported.
Marge: Homer!
Homer: You've got to set limits, Marge.
Marge: And punish Lisa for lying to us.
Homer: All right, young lady. March yourself right down to the Quik-E-Mart and get me some chips and a beer.

23 comments:

  1. gotta love the simpsons!

    + follow :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to watch it all the time! I might have to sit down one day and watch the last 13 seasons! (yeah I haven't watched since 1999!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this , it was one of my favorite shows .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this show, watched it since I was 7. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great show, looking forward to the new season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :D love the simpsons! watch it everyday if i can xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Simpsons always scared me when I was younger. I just want it to end now. I never found it funny anyway so that didn't help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to love the Simpsons. Now not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. simpsons are simpsons but the recent 5 seasons have been alittle meh for me, i guess when it had to catch up with our culture and making "actual" jokes lost its "funny on its own and dont have to reference current pop culture to be funny" feel, alas i cherish and love the humor on the seasosn where conan obrein was present, and to this day i still follow coco even gone to TBS.. im not dissing the simpsons, bu i guess what i really love about simpsons i owe it to conan! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha simpsons is great!
    Come check me out =) alphabetalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great show, used to watch it often years back.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Simpsons = THE CLASSICS ! :)
    Nice post, I'm gonna follow you, if you promise me, you WON'T exclude Japan animation next time O:) I'm waiting for a new post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Homer's parenting always cheers me up :P

    ReplyDelete