Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Entourage

    Well, let's see, another great HBO TV show - Entourage. I mean, this is HBO after all they've hardly made any bad series, and as all of them this one is also addictive.
    This one is about show business, about fame, money and the things that come with them. Overall I have to say it is a comedy, but in the big picture you can see that actually the characters have a ton of problems, each has his own drama. But don't think drama like "Romeo and Juliet", here we see the problems behind being a "superstar" actor, being in the movie business. Where's money, there's trouble. And you will see that to be true.
   A bit our characters maybe. The main people around which the action is happening is Vincent Chase, a movie star, with his entourage - his brother Johny "Drama" Chase, Turtle and Eric "E". Drama started acting before his little brother Vinnie, starred in the 90's TV show Viking Quest but since then his career has kind of hit rock bottom. Later when Vinnie becomes the star, Drama will have the chance to get some bits and pieces. He is also supposedly the entourage's cook. "E" is the best friend of Vinnie, and he trusts him completely, though they've had their share of quarrels. E has assumed the position of Vinnie's manager, since he is quick witted and knows people. Turtle doesn't have any specific role, he is kind of a handyman, doing all kinds of menial chores. That being said Turtle will later on also show his potential. And last but not least is Vincent Chase, he is kind of the "meal ticket" for the entourage, they are getting from his fame and glamour and their roles are arranged around him. Another character worth mentioning is Ari Gold, Vinnie's agent, he is a very interesting, with a touch of weird-crazy character, top in the movie industry.
   The storyline is fast paced, you will see that, there will be no "filler" episodes always something will happen, it's just that you don't know what. Which is great! I love unpredictable, it gives a the suspense, the longing for the next episode. So, let's talk downsides - hm, the episodes are 30 minutes, but i really think this is for good, cause a 50min episode will come a bit much, and the seasons might become diluted, watery. I can't really think of something that irritates me in the show, there is probably, but the overall greatness makes it totally worth it. Peace, I'm out.

Ari Gold: [Ari doesn't want Vince to do Queens Blvd] You know what they feed people on an indi set, Vinne? Nothing! They don't give you a trailer. They tell you to go sit on an apple box. Ever try to bang an extra on an apple box?
Eric: Well, if anybody could do it, Vince could.
Vince: I do have great balance.

40 comments:

  1. Never watched this show. But, boy is that main dude sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the review will watch it after i finish Bones )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never watched it but guess Ill have to take a look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a brilliant show, I've been watching this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard a lot about this show but never watched it..Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great show. HBO always puts out a quality series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. another show i'm gonna have to watch :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard so many great things about this show, but I have yet to watch it. Get unto Breaking Bad if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Breaking bad is like my second review on the blog, be sure to check it out as well :) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This show is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like the kind of show I gotta watch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a lot of friends who are into this show, but I've never bothered to watch. I guess I'll go ahead and finally check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am still at season 1 episode 3. It is ok uptill now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never really watched this show... maybe i should. Pretty interesting though. +follow

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never watched this show. But after reading this blog I think I'll get the DVD's

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ari Gold is one of my favorite characters ever!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The last HBO show I actually remember is the Game of Thrones. Sure HBO can do decent shows at times.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Strange. Never heard of it. I'll be sure to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. my friend chris got me hooked on this show, and the CAMEOS from all the stars makes this show ABOVE AND BEYOND what it use to be! its all about BOB SAGET !!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another show I think you have successfully persuaded me to watch, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  21. never saw this show but heard lots of good things

    ReplyDelete
  22. ok i will check this out since i am looking for a new series to start for this winter.
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Entourage! please do a Chuck review next

    ReplyDelete
  24. Never seen this show, though many of my friends are big fans, its one to watch i think ^^

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've never seen it but I might check it out, good post

    ReplyDelete
  26. Have not seen this show, though it sound good. I'll give this a look.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Never heard of this show either o_o, looks quite good though

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sounds great, i agree with you on HBO shows.. Every single one i've watched was killer.

    ReplyDelete
  29. +1 for HBO shows, they're pretty much all i watch these days.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gotta check this out! Great blog, followed

    ReplyDelete
  31. The Entourage them song wakes me everyday. Yeah, yeah, says Perry Ferrell.

    ReplyDelete
  32. The best character is without doubt Ari Gold (Jeremy Piven) he's so awesome in this show!!

    ReplyDelete